Come work for us! We are growing our team to include a part-time Administrative Coordinator. Apply by September 28.
The Women’s National Housing and Homelessness Network is seeking a part-time Administrative Coordinator to provide support in day-to-day operations of the Network and maximize our workflow efficiency across complex and diverse projects. The Administrative Coordinator will be in-charge tracking project timelines, maintaining project workplans and tasks, and assisting in day-to-day bookkeeping to ensure invoices and expenditures are tracked and up-to-date.
The Administrative Coordinator will be highly organized team player with a strong work ethic, strong attention to detail and a demonstrated flexibility in organizing and undertaking work; show a high degree of initiative, independence, discernment, creativity and resourcefulness; exhibit excellent communication and relational skills; be focused on delivering a high-quality product and customer satisfaction; and demonstrate thoughtfulness and intelligence in decision-making.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organize online folder spaces to make meeting minutes/follow-ups/relevant documents available to our membership on google docs
- Assist with scheduling of all meetings through Zoom and monitor calendars for availability
- Update and maintain our project critical path and implementation plan, in collaboration with other team members
- Assist in mapping our partners, members, and funders to support the development stakeholder relation strategy for our work
- Submit expense reports and keep an organized record of all expense reports, receipts, and invoices to support year-end book-keeping
- Consult with team leads and create agendas, and meeting memos for WNHHN and National Indigenous Feminist Housing Working Group meetings
- Assist Communications lead with graphic design and materials
- Keep track of ongoing tasks and approval processes, to ensure tasks are completed in time.
- Logistical support for WNHHN events (virtual and in-person) including digital support for online webinars/town halls/panels, venue search and cost comparison, set-up, event marketing and coordinating meeting materials.
- Respond to changing priorities and adapt workload accordingly.
Qualifications and Skills
- Passion for ending homelessness and a commitment to working collaboratively to get there.
- A minimum of five years’ previous work experience in administrative, project management, communications and event planning.
- Highly organized and ability to work independently in a virtual office setting and self-manage to oversee progress on multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to cope with and embrace change, and to respond to a busy work environment with shifting priorities.
- Superior technological capability especially with regards to Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Zoom, and WordPress.
- Excellent digital communications skills.
- Demonstrates sound judgement including the ability to identify, analyze and solve problems independently.
- Customer service oriented with a demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, senior management, and external contacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
WNHHN strives for inclusion and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. Candidates with lived experience of homelessness and/or who self-identify as being from a marginalized community, including Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQQIA persons, are encouraged to apply and will be prioritized. We ask that these candidates indicate their relevant identities in their cover letters.
Software Applications Used
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Teams
- Internet browsers
- Website (WordPress)
Work Environment, Salary, and Hours
- The Administrative Coordinator will work 15 – 20 hrs/week.
- The hourly rate for this position is $28/hr, with the opportunity for advancement.
- This position can be located anywhere in Canada.
- This position requires the ability to work flexible hours from a virtual/home office location without the standard support available at a business office.
- There is a possibility that this position will be expanded into a full-time role over the coming year.